The stunning beach of Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece!
In our today’s blog post, we are exploring all the reasons that make Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece where Lagos Mare Boutique Hotel is located, one of the most popular beaches in Naxos island and one of the most beautiful across Europe and the Mediterranean Sea.
1. Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece is a long (1,5 kilometers), sandy beach with crystal clear waters awarded yearly with an EU Blue Flag since 1985.
2. It has two sides; the organized part offers sun beds and umbrellas and a free part so that you can enjoy the sea and the sun in peace and quiet.
3. It is ideal for diving. At the coast you will find shops and snorkelling gear providers to discover the magnificent underwater landscapes.
4. Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece is well protected from the winds so you don’t have to worry about the weather.
5. You have to visit the natural little lakes formed near the Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece.
6. You will find all kinds of shops for your entertainment and convenience including restaurants, cafes, beach bars, bakeries, and water sport facilities, food markets, pharmacy and ATM.
7. The unorganized part of the village is so beautiful that you have to visit it even if you don’t stay there for swimming.
8. At the end of the beach, you will also find a shipwreck, as Agios Prokopios used to be the main port of Naxos during the Middle Ages and even before.
9. The beach was named after the little church at the end of the bay dedicated to St. Prokopios. The church celebrates at the 8th of July and after the litany you can join the traditional festive organized by the locals with music and food.
10. You are just 350 meters or a 7 minutes’ walk from this lovely beach when staying in Lagos Mare Boutique Hotel, enjoying the quality services and the refined accommodation before or after heading to the stunning beach of Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos Greece!
Find more details at www.lagosmare.gr/location.