Τhe Lagos Mare family: Katerina Avdouli
Hospitality Occupation? -cook-
– How long have you been working in Lagos Mare?
It’s my second season here.
– Do you live in the island of Naxos all year long?
No, I live in Salamina.
– What is your favorite hour of the day in Lagos Mare?
My favorite hour of the day is when during some free time in the kitchen, Marco and me are singing and dancing watching YouTube videos. It’s fun and relaxing.
– What is your favorite Greek plate?
Saganaki with local gruyere. I like it with tomato sauce and plain.
– Where do you swim in Naxos?
I swim to Agios Prokopios beach, but I often go to Agia Anna beach too. I like the Islandbar for gazing as well as cooling off.
– What’s your favorite month to be in the island?
I love the relaxing vibes of September.
– What do you like most about working in Lagos Mare?
I like my collaboration with Marco Russo. We have been working together for two seasons and we make a good team. Our kitchen is a creative and joyful place.
– Where do you enjoy going out in Naxos?
I like visiting Apeiranthos. The tranquility of the villages is really nice.
– Which are your favorite places to eat in Naxos?
Petrino is one of my favorites, and I also like Antamoma restaurant for fish.
– Which is your favorite 1924 plate?
The fresh fish in herbs crust with lime risotto and vlita greens.