Τhe Lagos Mare family: Petros Stratikis
Hospitality Occupation? -barman-
– How long have you been working in Lagos Mare?
I have been working four years in Lagos Mare and it’s my fourth year at the island!
– Do you live in the island of Naxos all year long?
No, I am here for seasonal work.
– What is your impression about the people of Naxos?
They are warmhearted with a strong sense of hospitality; willing to learn about your life.
– What is your favorite hour of the day in Lagos Mare?
Although I rarely relax, -there is always something to do here- I do love the island’s sunsets. The sky colors combined with the hotel music, is unique. I am usually behind the bar working at that time, so I cannot fully enjoy it, but the view of the impressive shaped rocks across the hotel is also a part of my favorite hour.
– What is your favorite Greek plate?
Anything that has to do with dairy products from Naxos.
– Where do you swim in Naxos?
I never miss my daily swimming when I am at the island! I go to Agia Anna because my friends are working at the Banana beach bar there, and I really like it.
– What’s your favorite month to be in the island?
It’s a difficult question. Every month is great to be in Naxos, but September is my favorite month and in the same time it is the worst month for me: the island is beautiful and work rhythms are slowing down so it is a more relaxing period. From the other hand, I also feel tired and sad, because soon the hotel will close for the winter and I will leave the island.
– Do you have a favorite hotel memory?
Communication with the people is a key word in all my favorite hotel memories.
– What do you like most about working in Lagos Mare?
The basic part of my existence and of my position as employee at Lagos Mare Hotel is communication. That’s what I treasure here most; communication that cannot be easily found in big cities. I am also grateful for my collaboration with the people that work here. Nansy at first and Vassilis helped me adjust and inspired me to be myself and in the same time be a professional dedicated to the best possible service towards our guests, even in a challenging day.
– Where do you enjoy going out in Naxos?
I go to Islandbar or to Santana in Agia Anna. I also love the view from Portara.
– Do you find inspiration in Naxos?
In Naxos, I feel like a new man. It makes me a better person!
– Which is your favorite 1924 plate?
The risotto with pumpkin, pine nuts and sour mizithra cheese.
– Would you like to describe Lagos Mare hotel with a feeling?
The joy when we welcome people that came from faraway places to visit us. The support and help of my colleagues, both in professional and in personal level.